Tuesday, February 14, 2012

four things

my neighbour gave me these cuttings.  i hope they grow.  
chopstick holders.  very cute and will make a lovely gift for a work friend


Buddha sparkle globe.  my granddaughter collects globes and i collect Buddhas

this was from a garage sale the other day.  not in great nick but i love it.  i'll put a plant on it outside.  my niece  had one years ago and i always liked it.  it's a little bit freaky i suppose but i like it  

you can't see his tail. not everyone's cup of tea i know  





3 comments:

  1. Love the animal table.

    Was trying to figure how the chopsticks are held...are they placed through the center horizontally?

    Oh, the Buddha globe is a thrill. I just finished reading 'Stealing Buddha's Dinner' by Bich Minh Nguyen. A great book that introduced me not only to some of the traditional Vietnamese concepts of Buddha such as placing gifts of fruit at Buddha's altar in the home but also to the voice of an immigrant's childhood in America.

    I think this Buddha globe shows the snows of knowledge that Buddha has fall so deftly in Bich Minh Nguyen's writing.

    Best to you. In your bargains I have found many meaningful treasures.

    I say "May your slippers be filled with blessings that increase in number with each additional step you take."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've been searching our databases for this book Jean and i can't find it anywhere. i'll try ebay next.

      Delete
  2. hi Jean, they are chopstick rests. you just rest the chopsticks on them so they are not on the table/cloth. my bad. i should have explained them better. i will def. check out the book. we may have it at work. thank you for your lovely saying. i haven't heard that before. i'm smiling :)

    ReplyDelete